Pickerill Estate House
Pickerill-Pigott Forest Preserve – Yorkville, Illinois
In 2019, Kluber Architects + Engineers conducted a study for the Kendall County Forest Preserve regarding the feasibility of turning the Pickerill Estate House, located within the Pickerill-Pigott Forest Preserve, into a multi-purpose, publicly accessible facility that could be use for educational purposes and as a rental facility.
This design of this conversion contemplates the following elements:
- Renovating the first-floor to be ADA accessible
- Installing a septic field
- Asbestos abatement
- Updating bathrooms and lighting
- The creation of an airy outdoor space for use or rent
- Future installation of solar panels on the overhang’s roof.
After the feasibility study was complete, Kluber Architects + Engineers was retained by the Forest Preserve to assist in pursuing a grant to implement these changes.
Kendall County Forest Preserve