SD 308 – Envision 308 – 10 Year Master Plan
In 2014, Kluber Architects + Engineers prepared a five-year Master Plan for Oswego Community Unit School District 308’s facilities. Although the District completed some of the work that was discovered during the plan, they had not prioritized many repairs or maintenance items.
As such, the District asked our firm to conduct an updated Master Plan, this time extending it to a ten-year plan. Kluber Architects + Engineers conducted several focus groups and building-by-building interviews with staff to determine repairs or maintenance items that were not addressed after the previous Master Plan was conducted, and identify new maintenance concerns.
This updated Master Plan also involves prioritization redevelopment. While the 2014 Master Plan outlined maintenance items in a priority order of what needed to be repaired in the next 1-4 years, the updated 10-year plan changed their prioritization method to the following types:
- Mission Critical Types: If this element did not get repaired or replaced, the building would close because students couldn’t get in to have class.
- Annual Maintenance – Three Variations
- Corrective Maintenance: Areas that are broke and must be repaired
- Preventative Maintenance: Maintaining an area so it will not break or become a hazard
- Addition or Improvement: A wish list of items the District would like to have
Furthermore, each project identified in this updated Master Plan has information that indicates where the District will be receiving their funding (Fund 60 or Fund 20, etc.).
This Master Plan will be revisited annually to create project lists across the District, focusing on Mission Critical first and Corrective Maintenance second. Additionally, this updated plan will allow the District to shift from a reactive mode to a proactive mode, resulting in a pattern of annual maintenance that keeps their buildings operated smoothly.
Oswego Community Unit School District 308
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering