South Elgin Village Hall and Police Department Renovations
South Elgin, Illinois
Kluber Architects + Engineers worked with Village of South to design the renovations to the Village Hall. The existing facility is a two story 17,500 square foot building which houses both the Village Hall and Police Department. The original building was constructed in 1976, with the Police Department wing added in 1983. A detailed building evaluation and facility condition assessment was completed by Kluber Architects + Engineers in October 2016.
The project included the following work:
- Renovate the existing building entry to provide a separation between the police and village hall functions;
- Develop a new Village Hall reception counter with space for representatives from Community Development, Utility Billings, and Parks and Recreation
- Reconfigure the current Community Development area on the south side of the ground level to accommodate additional office spaces for multiple departments.
- Creation of an additional ground floor conference room
- New private changing rooms in the Police locker room
- Relocation of the break room to the second floor
- Video enhancements to the board room
- Expansion to the IT spaces,
- 1st floor public toilet room renovations
- Updated interior finishes in select areas
Village of South Elgin